Monday, 8 December 2014

Good Bye to Sister William

HELLOOOOO! (picture me saying that like Mrs Doubtfire)

WOW! It sure seems like a lot has happen since I last emailed, but it has been good.
So! We got our transfer calls and you know about all of that, so we got put in a trio with Sister William, Sister Cleverly and I (but I already knew it was just going to be temporary). So we had to pack everything up and move out of Tom and Judi's to go to the house that they had been living in in the Folsom 4th ward. So we did that, and we had to set up a bunk bed and move all this stuff around and haha it was all good. So wednesday was mostly just full of moving stuff around and we had a couple appointments to go to.
Thursday, yikes, this was the day that we knew president was going to tell Sister William she was going home. So we have district meeting at 12, so president and sister jardine came to the church before our district meeting to tell her. So we all went into a classroom and he told her, and it was so sad, Sister William started crying, but she said that she kind of knew it would be coming. She said that she had a dream where she was at home, and she felt like that was what was going to happen. So I was crying too, and we were all talking, but, President has made so many phone calls and was talking to the mission president in Guam and arranged it so she could be a missionary in Micronesia. So Sister William got to call her parents on the phone, and President was kind of ticked, cause her family was already supposed to know that she was coming home, but I guess they had no idea. So whoever was supposed to relay the information did not. But its okay. Then in this zone the districts meet in the same building and just had district meeting right after each other, so the whole zone was there and we were crying, and then they are just like what is going on? And then we didn't stay for district meeting, so we just went home and started packing and stuff, and it was sad. Sister William did great though. It was neat to see how the spirit has helped to prepare her. So she was ready, but it doesn't make it any easier
So friday sister Cleverly and I had a leadership meeting we needed to go to in Sacramento, so we drove there, and on thursday when sister William was talking to her mom on the phone I asked President if Sister William could go to the temple one last time before she left because she loves it and there isn't one near her. So we went to the temple after our meeting. It was so nice to go back so soon! After the temple we went and said goodbye to  some people, had dinner with the Hunts, and then packed some more. We had a great time her last night, we were just all having fun. 
So then saturday morning at 6:45 President and Sister Jardine came and picked Sister William up. It was so sad to see her go, but I know that is what was supposed to happen. Its pretty cool that through everything she was able to come here to Sacramento on her mission, they have the special Society for the Blind where she was able to get her glasses and sunglasses. So it is no accident that she made it here. But it was still sad to see her go. The rest of the day sister Cleverly and I were just unpacking and cleaning up and getting organized and planning. President called us later that day to let us know how things went with dropping off sister William. He said he was feeling pretty bad about her having to go home, but as they watched her get on the escalator, she tripped getting on it, and he said that confirmed that the decision was right. 
Sunday was good. We had TWO wards to go to now! So 2nd ward starts at 9 and 4th starts at 11:30.... but in different buildings. So we only stayed for the first 2 hours of 2nd ward and then left for 4th ward. They are definitely different types of people in the wards.... we will see how it goes. It has also been a little difficult combining because right now it is kind of a "yours and mine" situation. Like 2nd ward is mine and 4th ward is hers. We need to combine so that they are both OURS. Its funny cause investigator-wise we have a lot going on in the 2nd ward, but I don't know the members that well, so  I feel like the members of 2nd ward are being shafted. But 4th ward there isn't many investigators, but sister cleverly has been there for 6 months so she knows the members really well. So we seriously need to get a balance going on.....
Monday was not pday................... hahah jk it was fine! We were so excited to get working because both of us just want to work hard! It is great! We had a bunch of phone calls and stuff to make because we are both STLs so we have to go on exchanges, so we have to call the sisters and their district leaders and just figure out all this stuff. But it is going to be good! In the evening we saw Tom and Judi, and we saw Kyla who is this AWESOME investigator in the 4th ward. And we had a meeting with the Zone leaders and district leaders!
Tuesday was great. We had some service at the thrift store, we were just organizing books! Hahha it was fun! We are the only sisters in the zone now! We were supposed to have an appointment with Francis, but  he wasn't there, but his neighbour is this LA lady named Linda, so she saw us and really wanted to talk to us (which usually isn't the case) and so she just broke down and was crying and stuff and we were able to talk to her. We went to go meet some potentials in 2nd ward and we ended up talking to the is hilariously weird LA lady hahahahahaaha. We had dinner with the bishop of 4th ward, they seem like a great family. And then we had an awesome lesson with Judi and a great lesson with Kyla!
Wednesday: we had a book of mormon study with Laurel, which was great, and we had district meeting, also great! Elder Hale who i've served with before is our district leader! THen we had to go home and pack up our stuff cause we are temporarily living at a different house while the member we live withs family is in town.Then we had a lesson with Kyla, had dinner, did some service, then saw Mike and Christy. AND NOW IT IS PDAY!
But its been great! I really love Sister Cleverly. It is definitely going to take some adjusting to me not being the only one talking. In fact, she is used to taking the lead too, and so she is kind of steamrolling over me sometimes.... but we will figure it out. She is an awesome teacher, and I think great things are going to happen this transfer!
And oh ya President sent us this text, it is an email he received from the Guam Mission President:

President Jardine,
You will be happy to know that Sister William has accepted a "temporary" assignment to serve in the Sapwalap area of Pohnpei for approximately 15 months, with her stake presidents blessing. Thank you for training her well. Please convey our heartfelt appreciation to her companion for being the loving trainer/companion to Sister William. We will keep you posted as events in her life and missionary efforts continue to progress.
Yours in Faith,
President John S. Zarbock

So Sister William will be serving "temporarily" for 15 months. hahaha  I thought that was funny. She will be missed, but it was also cool because did I tell you how this non member lady gave her a ukulele? Well this lady is the mom of a member, and the member said that Sister William really changed his moms view of mormons. So she was able to influence someone :). 

Well its been an adventure! Things might be a little more normal..... but I doubt it ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment