Friday, 17 October 2014

There Has Been A Change of Plans!

HELLO FAMILY!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will probably be making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner tonight! hahahah so hope you enjoy your turkey buns! My stomach is grumbling just thinking about that hahahaha
Well you are probably wondering what my subject line means, hahaha so let me tell you!
So Tuesday after emailing was a day full of goodbyes and tears. Very sad! But I knew it was coming! I said goodbye to as many people as I could, but there is not a lot of time, so I just did what we could!
So then Wednesday, we woke up nice and early, finished packing and cleaning, and then the Seymours came and picked me up so they could drop me off at the mission office. Well you know me haha I have a lot of stuff, so there car was pretty full. And so Folsom is on the way to the mission office, so I was like, we should just drop my stuff of at the house I'm going to be living at! So we did that to make our lives easier, but we were late cause of that haha ( I wasn't too concerned, I''ve already trained so it was just going to be the same thing over again) So we get there and we're like half an hour late hahah (oops). But I sit down, and I get all situated, and I'm over tired and sad about leaving El Dorado right? So I'm listening, and then Sister Jardine like motions for me to come to her, so I'm like me? Okay! So I go talk to her and she says "President would like to talk to you"
hahahahaha my first thought is, oh crap! What did I do? And i'm like racking my brain, I've been obedient, nice, I work hard, I couldn't think of anything he would want to talk to me about. So anyways I go and talk to President and he is asking me how I'm doing and stuff, and then he says "I have a special assignment for you"
Now I'm thinking oh great! What language area are they going to put me in? I'm thinking what could this be? So then he tells me that I am going to be the only trainer who knows who my companion is. So he goes on to tell me, that my companion is from Micronesia, her name is Sister William, and basically she is partially blind. She can't really be in the sun, she has to read books an inch away from her eyes, and she just can't really see anything. So he tells me more about the process of picking trainers and trainees, and he knew that I was suppsoed to train, but this is before he even met Sister William, so then after he had met the new missionaries, that is when he prays about who should be their trainer, and he said he prayed about it all night long, and he knew that I was supposed to be her trainer. He even woke up in the night getting that confirmation. So he tells me more and then he gave me a priesthood blessing and ya. So it was a nice little meeting with President Jardine. He said that he knows that I will be able to bless the life of my companion and that he knows that the Lord wants us to be companions. soooo ya! So we talked probably for a good 15-20 minutes, and then we went back with the other missionaries and got our companions.
So sister William hahaha she is about my height and is so cute. So ya, since her problem with her eyes, we are not on bikes..... looks like I will probably be in car my whole mission...... So then we had to go to an eye appointment for her, and 
Soooooo thats my life!

Hahah shotgunning is a joke. I don't know where anything is or who anyone is hahahahaha. The Sisters before us left us with things to do, they were actually teaching quite a few people, so that is a nice change. But they left the area book with hardly any info.... so we're working with that! But it is just totally an adventure.
The ward LOVED the sisters before us... so I think they might have a hard time adjusting to us. Plus this sunday was stake conference, so we didn't even get to meet our ward! hhaahahahah But we did meet our wml, bishop, eq pres and rs pres and they all seem really great! So we will see.
On Saturday we had ZONE CONFERENCE, but only sort of!  Elder Daniel L Johnson of the Seventy came and talked to us! ( I thought we were going to get ipads  but we didn't) It was just a really great meeting about how members and missionaries are supposed to work together! He is funny! You know, most of the general authorities are pretty funny! So I think that means that Heavenly Father will be pretty funny too, don't you think? hahaha who knows! But it was a great meeting.
Saturday night I got to go back to El Dorado for MIMIS BAPTISM!!!! WOOHOO! It was so great! So exciting to see Mimi get baptized. And most of Dans nm family came! So that was really great! The Activity Day girls sang, which was sooo cute. And wow, i know it had only been a few days since I left, but it was SO GOOD TO BE BACK! Before the baptism I went for dinner with the Seymours and I just absolutely love them! Hahaha as I was saying goodbye to go back to Folsom, Dan gave me a hug! hahahaha I was cracking up. And I got a picture with the whole Milton family, so you'll be able to see who I've been talking about now! They are honestly just the greatest family! I love them! 
Then I went back and caught the last part of the adult session of stake conference.
So then Sunday, ohhhhh I forgot to tell you! The people that we live with in Folsom are name Tom and Judi (they are awesome!) Tom is a member, and just recently started returning to the church, and Judi is not a member. But before Stake conference, they have a special meeting before for investigators and recent converts. And so Judi and Tom came! and Judi was crying through the whole thing. It was a REALLY good meeting! The spirit was so strong, and it was all of these rc telling their conversion stories. It was SO COOL. AND it was SO AWESOME to see all of these recent converts!!!! And get this, they are all NORMAL!!!! Can you believe that? hahahahahah.
But ya Stake conference was seriously so good! Elder Johnson is awesome! Such a spiritual and funny guy!  The rest of the day was good too! 
So ya, Folsom is going to be an ADVENTURE! This week we have a few appointments and are going to focus on meeting the members and getting referrals!!!!! Hope it goes well! and I really hope I can get to know this area, cause really we only have one set of eyes hahahaha.
Before shotgunning I said we are going in totally blind, not knowing anyone or where anything is, and now I know how true it is that we are going in blind,,,,,, literally.
hahahahahahahahaa
Well life is good! 
HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING GREAT!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
LOVE SISTER LACUSTA

No comments:

Post a Comment